EXCUBATOR, MASTER YOUR STARTUP PLAY BY PAULINE ROUSSEL
It is no secret to anyone, Bangalore is the startup city of India. The latest statistics available revealed that:
- India is the world’s youngest startup nation as 72% of entrepreneurs are under 35 years of age. Furthermore, the average age of startup founders is 28 years
- 90% of the startup activity in India seems to be happening in top 6 cities of Bangalore (28%), Delhi-NCR (24%), Mumbai (15%), Hyderabad (8%), Pune (6%) and Chennai (6%). Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Kochi, Jaipur and Thiruvananthapuram are dominant as the next emerging startup locations
- Around 62% of start-up founders in Bangalore have a prior technical background. 13% of the founders are those who have absolutely no prior work experience.
Hence, you wonder what is available for startups to found their business and give it the right start? We met Excubator, a company that supports high-potential startups to grow and scale in India and beyond.
Started in 2013 by Guhesh and Vivek, Excubator was initiated with the idea to bring together startups, investors and global organizations to meet, engage and collaborate with each other. Excubator acts as the intermediate between startups and larger organizations by connecting them with each other based on a sum of criterias.
In order to match startups with larger organisations, Excubator has developed 3 branches around its business:
- Excube360, which is a platform giving entrepreneurs a useful set of datas to understand and measure the potential of their idea.
- ExSeed, probably the best mean for larger companies to find startups to collaborate and work with.
- ExNet, a network of Swiss, German and Austrian startups interested in the Indian subcontinent.
KEY FACTS ABOUT EXCUBATOR
1 space – 3 programs – 2500+ startups mentored
Those 3 different programs allow Excubator to act as the dot connectors between startups and corporates. Additionally, Excubator acts as a great support for international startups who are looking into the Indian market.
Additionally, Excubator uses the data they have gathered through mentoring, connecting startups to advise companies in mastering their play. Through their own methodology and tools, they assist them in finding their market, defining their vision and strategy to reach their goal.
WHY THE NAME?
When we asked Guhesh why this name, he told us to look for the latin origins of the word Excubo – which means I keep watching. It is a very interesting word that symbolises their role in the entire ecosystem so well.
Finally, the company supports startups in disrupting specific markets. They organize 12 monthly sessions where the participating startups can gain insights and knowledge about their industry. This member-only program connects startups with senior executives from larger companies to let them build the future in a more collaborative way.
We were very impressed by Excubator and the network they’ve built over time. Through their physical space and their online network they are able to match startups with companies, supporting both parties in building successful innovation for a better future.
A SELFIE AUTOMAT WITH
Guhesh, co-founder and CEO of Excubator.
CO-FOUNDER & CEO OF COWORKIES. WRITING ABOUT OUR TRAVELS IN 350+ COWORKING SPACES AROUND THE GLOBE FROM NEW YORK TO TOKYO. FORMERLY GENERAL MANAGER AT THE RAINMAKING LOFT BERLIN, A COWORKING SPACE DEDICATED TO STARTUPS, AMBASSADOR OF FRENCH TECH BERLIN.